How to get started with Personalized 511
Using your free account on the MDOTtraffic.com website, you can create a personalized commute by choosing from a list of counties or drawing a shape around your specific route right on the map. You can also choose which types of alerts to recieve, the days of the week, and the time.
- First, Register or Sign in to your MDOTTraffic.com account.
- Under "Account Settings" add your phone number as a new contact.
- Click the "My Commutes" button. Click add new.
- Draw your route and then at the bottom check Personalized 511 by your phone number.
- Customize your alert type, days and times.
- You now have a personalized commute. Just call from that contact number for your personalized reports. (It may take a few minutes for your changes to take effect in the 511 system.)